Comunicato Stampa disponibile solo in lingua originale.
- Maven Gig provides cars for independent driving gigs such as GrubHub, Instacart, Roadie and ridesharing services.
- The Chevrolet Bolt EV is available for rental with free charging at EVgo stations for a limited time. Additional options include Chevrolet Cruze, Malibu and Trax.
San Franciscans can hustle hard in the freelance economy with a Maven car for all of their driving gigs. Maven Gig is expanding its initial offering in San Diego to now include San Francisco. The service will launch in Los Angeles later this year.
Maven has partnered with industry-leading apps in package delivery, food delivery and ride-hailing, creating a one-stop shop to maximize earning potential for gig drivers. Initial partners include GrubHub, Instacart, Roadie and ridesharing services.
- By 2020, an estimated 43 percent of the U.S. workforce will be made up of freelance workers. The nature of employment is changing, and Maven Gig is a nimble platform that will grow and adapt with the shift.
- Maven Gig serves as a singular portal allowing access to vehicles that can be used for multiple sharing services with endless possible gigs.
- Maven has been operating on-demand ridesharing rentals in San Francisco since August 2016.
- More than 20 million miles have been driven in San Francisco and nearly 1 million rides have been given.
- Gig drivers typically drive for more than one #app throughout the day; Maven Gig is platform agnostic to allow drivers to switch between several brands, services and gigs.
- Maven Gig members can reserve a Chevrolet Bolt EV for $229 per week plus taxes, which includes insurance (minus deductibles), maintenance, unlimited miles and free charging at EVGo stations for a limited time.
- Maven Gig launched in San Diego in May and is fully subscribed.
- Maven Gig Bolt EVs have driven nearly 20,000 miles in San Diego.
- More than 1,000 pure EV trips have been taken, saving 750 gallons of gas.
- No range anxiety here — Maven Gig Bolt EVs have driven from San Diego to Los Angeles.
- Additional vehicles, including the Chevrolet Cruze ($189 per week plus taxes), Malibu ($199 per week plus taxes) and Trax ($209 per week plus taxes), can be reserved in San Francisco. Maven continues to experiment and will adjust offerings based on the gig economy and driver needs.
“Freelancers in the sharing economy want flexibility and Maven Gig is a seamless way to maximize opportunities,” said Rachel Bhattacharya, director of Commercial Mobility Strategy for Maven. “If the driver has a lull on one service they can easily flip to another and keep hustling.”
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: @drivemaven
Learn more about Maven at maven.com and Maven Gig at gig.maven.com