gennaio 18, 2018 - Chevrolet
Chevrolet at NAIAS 2018
Comunicato Stampa disponibile solo in lingua originale.
- Most functional bed of any full-size truck, including class-leading cargo volume
- Up to 450 pounds lighter from mixed materials use for improved performance
- Six engine/transmission choices, including an all-new Duramax 3.0L inline-six diesel
- Eight models, each with distinct personalities for different truck customers
DETROIT — Chevrolet introduced the next-generation #silverado today, exactly 100 years after the brand delivered its first trucks to customers in January 1918. The all-new #silverado sets the course for the next century of Chevy Trucks with the most functional bed of any full-size truck, weighs up to 450 pounds less for increased performance and offers a broad range of trims and engine/transmission combinations to help each customer find their ideal truck.
“With the all-new #silverado, we've taken the best truck on the road and made it even better,” said Mark Reuss, General Motors executive vice president of Global Product Development, Purchasing and Supply Chain. “It has a longer wheelbase, more passenger and cargo volume, and yet, thanks to our mixed materials strategy and mass reduction expertise, the new truck is 450 pounds lighter than the current model."
Larger, more functional and more capable bed
“Truck customers value capability and functionality above all else,” said Tim Herrick, executive chief engineer of Full-Size Trucks. “Every truck — including the luxurious High Country — is a work truck with a job to do. As such, we set out to create the best tool for the job at hand, one that makes work more productive and more enjoyable, no matter what they call ‘work.’’’
The bed is the defining trait of every #pickup, and bed construction has long been a strength of Chevy Trucks. To improve upon that strength, the 2019 #silverado 1500 bed features:
- Best-in-class cargo volume: The 2019 #silverado offers the most cargo volume in every bed length, with the short-box offering 63 cubic feet of volume — up to 20 percent more than a competitor’s short-box. Most of that volume was created by widening the maximum width of the bed floor nearly seven inches. #Chevrolet Accessories will offer storage bins that fit over the wheel wells, offering nearly seven cubic feet of lockable cargo space for short-box models, while easily accommodating a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood flat on the cargo floor.
- Higher-strength steel floor: As before, the #silverado has a roll-formed, high-strength steel bed floor. For 2019 a higher-grade steel is used, with yield strength increased from 340 to 500 megapascals of pressure for optimal strength and mass.
- More and stronger tie-downs: Silverado now has 12 fixed tie-downs, and their strength has doubled to 500 pounds of force before bending. #silverado also has nine moveable tie points for even more cargo flexibility.
- More features: Silverado will be available with a class-exclusive power up/down tailgate that can be operated from the key fob, interior button or by hand. Other changes include available task lighting, a 120-volt power outlet and larger cutouts in the class-exclusive CornerStep bumpers to better accommodate steel-toed boots.
With class-leading cargo volume and class-exclusive features, the new #silverado offers the most functional bed of any full-size truck, and more convenient hauling for cargo of virtually any size or shape.